I currently work at Moatboat, where we are building tools to augment human intellect and creativity.
My previous experience includes Apple, where I worked on assorted projects across iOS and watchOS; independent research focused on ways to more quickly express ideas; and various projects focused on sharing information, including a writing app Poster which was purchased by Automattic in 2013. I received a degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Michigan.
I am an avid reader, and there are several books that have been influential in my work and thinking. This is just a small handful.
- Creativity, Inc., by Ed Catmull
- Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
- The Stuff of Thought, by Steven Pinker
- The Blank Slate, by Steven Pinker
- Waking Up, by Sam Harris
- Frames of Mind, by Howard Gardner
- Flow, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Reinventing Organizations, by Frederic Laloux
- The Signal and the Noise, by Nate Silver